Getting by during the ECQ
We need to uplift each other through these trying times. As we adjust to life under quarantine because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are still lucky that we can stay safe at home to help flatten the curve.
How can we help ourselves and how can we get through this crisis? Here are some ways we can make the most out of our time at home during the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ).
“Quarantips” to live by
1. Start your day with gratitude – Waking up every day is a blessing. So is having food on the table and a roof over your head. Despite the uncertainty of what’s to come, there’s still plenty to be thankful for.
2. Find ways to help – While everyone needs to adjust to life under a crisis, not everyone gets to stay at home. Medical professionals and frontliners risk their lives every day to eradicate the virus and keep us safe. Our fellow Filipinos in the service industry also continue to make life continue for us. Show your gratitude by donating to a cause. Reach out to organizations raising funds for personal protective equipment (PPEs), food, and other necessities to help them. Let us also remember the people who lost their livelihood to the pandemic.
3. Communicate with friends and family – Just because we’re not together doesn’t mean we can’t “talk” to each other! Some of them, and even you, may be feeling a bit down and lonely, but a simple call or text goes a long way.
4. Exercise and eat healthy – Boost your immunity by exercising and eating fruits and vegetables. Don’t let staying indoors and physical distancing stop you! Some of our fitness partners, such as Electric Studio and ClassPass, have moved their practice online.
5. Create a vision board – A vision board can help keep you sane, calm, and motivated. When the pandemic ends, and it will, look forward to what awaits! Where do you want to go, what do you want to do, and what do you want to achieve in life and your career? The first two questions may be easy to answer for some, but the one about life and job can be tricky. You can try our free assessment tests to help you gain some clarity on what you want out of your profession.
Adjusting to our new normals may take some time, but together, we can overcome this! With the right amount of positivity, we will prevail. Stay excited for the future, and let us be part of your journey!Check your Workbank profile
We’d like to thank our frontliners and everyone in the service industry who still go to work to keep life running. Let’s all overcome this pandemic together!